The first day of our grading strike is here, and it's as exciting and nerve-wracking as the first day of school. Here's a meme to calm your nerves:
Feel better? Me too. So what exactly is going on and how can you get involved? Below is a quick, handy guide to the UCD COLA grade strike.
So that's it, that's what we're doing! We'll be striking until we get our demands met, which you can see below.
- A Cost of Living Adjustment.*** (Details included below)
- Drop all charges against students and workers arrested at UCSC and UCI for their involvement in the COLA strike and organizing activity.
- Cease all efforts of retaliation against striking ASEs.
- End threats of deportation against international and undocumented students.
- Create enough affordable housing for all students, including students with dependents, and provide accessible housing for disabled students.
- Disarm the UC Davis Police Force.
- Invest in safeguarding the future of the UC Davis Ethnic Studies program by increasing tenure faculty lines and full-time staff, and committing to funding programming to support Indigenous students and students of color.
- Divest endowment funds from policing, surveillance, militarization, and occupation, specifically in alignment with the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) movement against Israeli apartheid.
***A Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA) is to be understood as an ongoing stipend to every graduate student that would bring them out of rent burden. At current rates, in Yolo County, this amounts to $1,553.20 per month.